Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA)

If you have high support needs, our wide range of SDA homes have your accessibility, comfort and care in mind.

Video content description: Animated video with a voice-over describing the Aruma Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) service. The video ends with an invitation to telephone Aruma for further information on 1300 538 746.
Show captionHide caption

What is Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA)?

Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) is NDIS funding for people with very high needs who need specialist housing.

These homes are purposefully designed with the accessible features you need to live more independently.   

Depending on your funding, you can live on your own or share with others. 

While Supported Independent Living (SIL) funds cover support in your home from someone like your Support Worker, SDA funds the physical home in which your services happen.

Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) at Aruma

At Aruma, we have access to a wide range of SDA properties for people with very high support needs, from existing homes to new builds

We will also provide the daily living supports you need in your new home too! 

What type of properties can I live in?

If you have high support needs, you can access a wide range of SDA properties.

All SDA homes have been carefully designed with your accessibility, comfort and care in mind. This includes accessible features to help you live more independently like Assistive Technology and Home Modifications.  

In some cases, you can even use your SDA funding to purchase a new home! 

Who will I be living with?

For some SDA homes, you may be sharing with a few people, while others you’ll be able to live on your own. It all depends on your funding.  

There are four different categories: 

  • Improved liveability 
  • Robust 
  • Fully accessible 
  • High physical support 

We can guide you through your NDIS eligibility and help you find your best housing option, from an established home to a new build.

Get in touch to find out more or view our vacancies here.

NDIS Support Categories

Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) will be funded separately to Supported Independent Living in your NDIS plan, as a Capital Support.

Please note: We bill in line with the NDIS Price Guide, which generally increases annually.